Food Safety Supervisor
A food safety supervisor is someone who:
- Knows how to recognise, prevent and alleviate food handling hazards at your premises;
- Has a Statement of Attainment that shows the required food safety competencies from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO);
- Has the ability and authority to supervise other people handling food at the premises and ensure that food handling is done safely.
The course includes both components of food safety; Food Handlers and Food Safety Supervisor covering the following units:
- SITXFSA001A: Implement Food Safety Procedures
- SITXOHS002A: Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures
What does it include?
- An introduction to Food Safety
- Food contamination, hazards and prevention
- Personal hygiene and responsibilities for food handlers
- Safe food handling procedures
- Food safety programs
What kind of industry requires a Food Safety Supervisor?
All food business owners in Victoria must ensure their staff members have the skills and knowledge required to safely handle food in their roles. Many food businesses will need to nominate a food safety supervisor to make sure of this.
The following industries require a FSS:
- Food Processing
- Community Services
- Transport and Distribution
FACE TO FACE:
Course Duration: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Course Location: TBA
Course Cost: $195.00 (for R&C Members) or $245.00 (non members)
You will be assessed at the end of the course by a fully qualified trainer with current industry experience.
In-House training in your own businesses can also be arranged. Minimum of 10 and Maximum of 15 participants per session again please contact the training department on 1300 722 878.
The Food Safety Supervisor Course will issue the participant with a Statement of Attainment for the unit SITXFSA001A: Implement Food Safety Procedures and SITXOHS002A: Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures.
Required documents for enrolment
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Training Statutory Declaration
Residency consent form
Please download & read the Terms & Conditions before you apply to complete any course with Restaurant & Catering.
Already registered for a course? Be sure to read the Participant Code of Conduct before attending.
Read the RTO training policies before start your training